Manage webinars integrated with GoToWebinar. The majority of work is one-time setup only. After a webinar registration form is created you can focus on creating and promoting new webinars: Old webinars automatically disappear from the form.
- Connect your GoToWebinar account to Envoke
- Configure transactional message templates
- Create webinar in Envoke (Engagements / Webinar page)
- Publish webinar - this creates a webinar in GoToWebinar so don't create it there firstIMPORTANT: Subsequent changes do not sync to GoToWebinar and changes made in GoToWebinar are not synced back to Envoke.
- Published webinars appear on registration forms automatically (Forms need to be configured first)
- Confirmation email is sent from Envoke upon registration - including a "join webinar" link. GoToWebinar also sends its own confirmation message - it should be turned off from the GoToWebinar account to avoid sending two confirmation emailsNote: The Envoke confirmation email will soon have an "add to calendar" link.
- Send webinar invite to your list with a link to registration form / landing pageOptional: send invitation reminder to anyone who didn't register yet (use a filter "did not register" to webinar)
- A reminder email about is sent to registrants one day before the webinar start time. GoToWebinar also sends a reminder - it should be turned off from the GoToWebinar account to avoid sending duplicates.
- Conduct webinar
- After the webinar is over attendance is marked in Envoke automatically within 30 minutes after the end of the webinar - this only marks contacts as "attended" and does not mark them as "did not attend"There is an option to can get attendance sooner manually by clicking the "get attendance" button on the list of registrants page.
- 24 hours after webinar ends follow up messages are sent from Envoke. ("Thanks for attending" / "Sorry we missed you")
Connect GoToWebinar to Envoke
Enter your G2W login credentials on the account settings page.
Configure transactional message templates
Customize transactional message templates from the account settings page. This is a one-time setup that you need to complete before you start creating webinar registration forms.
- Registration confirmation - sent upon registration to a webinar
- Reminder - sent two days before the webinar
- Thank you for attending - sent 24hrs after webinar end date to attendants
- Sorry we missed you - sent 24hrs after webinar end date to registrants who didn't attend
- Update existing registrants on changes to webinar details - sent to registrants if webinar details change
Transactional messages are sent regardless of consent.
Editing transactional message templates will not affect webinars you have already created - only webinars created in the future.
Default settings are provided for standard usage, however, you can use merge fields and any custom text in each message.
Test transactional messages
To test transactional messages click the Test button from the webinar editor page.
Create a new webinar
From the webinar page click "New" then enter details for the webinar. After webinar details are entered, click "Publish" to make the webinar available for registration.
Do not create the webinar in GoToWebinar. Webinar information is added to GoToWebinar when you click "Publish" for the first time.
Subsequent changes do not sync to GoToWebinar and changes made in GoToWebinar are not synced back to Envoke.
To complete the setup select the type of transactional messages you wish to send related to this webinar. Email notification settings in your GoToWebinar account should also be reviewed and updated if necessary.
Create a webinar registration form
There are several ways to create registration forms: you can show multiple webinars on a landing page to let people select which one they wish to register for or if you're promoting a single webinar you can add it as a hidden field to the registration form.
Unpublished and past webinars are automatically hidden from registration forms, this way registration forms don't need ongoing maintenance.
Single webinar shown on landing page
Single webinar, hidden on form
Multiple webinars on form
Multiple webinars on landing page
Complete webinar and send follow up emails
After the webinar is over click the "Update attendance" button on the list of registrants page.
This will get attendance information from GoToWebinar and mark attended contacts.
Followup messages are automatically sent 24 hours after the scheduled end time of the webinar.
Webinar registrants are displayed on the list of webinars page. Click on the numbers to see the contact list.
The list can be filtered by standard contact fields and webinar status. Standard column setup options apply to the list view.
Segmentation by webinar participation
You can use webinar status in filters to segment your contacts by participation:
- Registered: Registered for the webinar
- Attended: Registered and attended – attendance needs to be synced first: click the "update attendance" button on the list of registrants page
- Did not attend: Registered but did not attend – attendance needs to be synced first: click the "update attendance" button on the list of registrants page
- Never registered: Did not register to the webinar
- Total registered: Every state except "never registered"
- Pending: Attempted to register but we weren't able to confirm that registration was synced to GoToWebinar
- Canceled: N/A: reserved for future use
- Failed: Registration failed (integration error with GoToWebinar)