Forms can be:
- embedded directly to web pages
- shown in a lightbox (also called a dialog window or popup) when a link or button is clicked
- displayed as stand-alone landing pages
These display options aren't mutually exclusive.
Form are responsive by default and synced real time to your account: any update you make in the form editor will immediately be reflected on embedded forms.
DISPLAY OPTION #1: Embed on a web page
From the sidebar of the form editor, select the "Embed on website" option and click the "Get Embed Code" button then paste the code to your website.
Forms will appear where the embed code is placed and will fill the entire width of the parent container (responsive display).
To embed a form using Wordpress, paste the form code in the Text (HTML) editor mode:
- Analytics will load as part of the same page view as the parent page
- When using the "Redirect URL" final action, on submission the entire page will post back and be redirected to provided URL.
- Analytics will load as a different, additional page view as the parent page
- Must use SSL enabled custom domain that shares the same root domain as the parent URLFor example if your website is www.website.com the iframe must be embedded from https://subdomain.mywebsite.com
- No styles will be inherited from the parent pageThere is no possibility of conflict with the parent pageAll scripts and styling must exist in the HTML of the engagement
- When when using the "Redirect URL" final action, on submission in iframe embed will refresh itself without changing the rest of the parent pageThe redirect URL should point to a page of similar size that will fit into the <iframe> of the 1st step
- The width and height attributes of the <iframe> are customizable and will vary with each implementation
DISPLAY OPTION #2: Display as a popup (dialog window)
Select the "Show as popup" option from the sidebar of the form editor.
The popup with the form is triggered by a link or a button.
DISPLAY OPTION #3: Show as hosted landing page
Grab the URL of the landing page from the form editor to display the form as a hosted landing page. In order to use vanity URLs you need to have a custom domain configured.
More form settings
Read more about working with forms such as styles, standard and custom fields, display options, subscriptions, etc.