The visual editor
The visual, drag and drop content editor is designed to accommodate complex layouts using multiple columns, various padding around content blocks, responsive display, etc. The vast majority of our clients prefer this editor.
Emails created and updated in this built-in editor are fully supported: if something breaks we help you fix it.
The HTML editor
Only administrators and technical users have access to edit the HTML code of emails directly. The HTML editing option is available from the sidebar of the email editor under the Configure tab.
Editing the HTML source code should be used sparingly and carefully and only by users who have an expert level understanding of HTML code.
Restrictions for HTML-only messages
The following aren't available for messages where HTML is modified directly outside the visual, drag and drop editor:
- We do not provide support for messages where HTML is modified
- Email aren't responsive by default; it's your responsibility to be sure messages look good on mobile phones
- Dynamic content blocks aren't available
- AB testing isn't available
- You cannot define locked templates zones
- Pre-header text cannot be defined