This "getting started" guide focuses on frequently used functionality to keep things nice and short. For advanced settings browse the support centre or contact our support team.
STEP 1) Configure your account and user settings
- Review your account settings and fill in any missing details.
Note: You do NOT need to add the tracking code to your website if you are on the Email Marketing plan. The tracking code is only for customers on the Lead Generator plan.
- Update your user profile.
- Setup a custom domain. This step is an optional step to help with branding; once it's set up, reference to the envoke.com domain will be removed from all public links.
STEP 2) Add subscriptions
Subscriptions allow your contacts to set their communication preferences by indicating what type of content they want to receive from you.
- Add subscriptions here
- You will be able to send emails to contacts based on their subscriptions.
- Subscriptions are shown on the Consent and Subscriptions Preferences page - this page is linked from every email you send.
- For internal lists use interests instead of subscriptions. Interests are not public facing and can also be used to segment you list. For example you don't want your contacts to make changes to internal segments (tags) such as "staff only" or "completed certification"
Need more help with subscriptions and list segmentation? This this page has lots of details and examples.
STEP 3) Import your list
- Prepare your list as a CSV file that includes a header row with field names - view example.
- Go to the import page where you can upload and import your file
- Be sure to assign an interest or subscription for every contact during the import process so you can segment your contacts later.
Duplicate records will be merged by email address.
STEP 4) Create an email
- Create a new message and customize the email layout.
- Watch an overview of the email editor. This video is ten minutes long but it's well worth watching as it will save you much more than ten minutes later.
(In case you absolutely don't have ten minutes you can watch a short version without audio)
- Have a look at additional how-to articles on using the editor
STEP 5) Test and send e-blasts
- Watch this how-to video about testing and launching email campaigns.
- Read our tips and best practices to help you create emails that perform well.
SETP 6) Create a sign up form
- Watch this short video to learn how to create a signup forms
- Add the form to your website
- Watch a video of all form editing, styling and display options including many examples. (there is a short version with no audio that covers only a few basics)
By the time you're completed all six steps your account is all set! Let us know if you have any questions about any of the setup setups or if you want to learn more about additional details.
For lead generator accounts only
Setup below applies only if you are on the lead generator plan and use sales contact forms, lead attribution and lead routing. You don't need to complete these steps if you use Envoke primarily for email marketing.
Add the tracking code to your website
- Add the tracking code to every page of your website - you can find the code on the account settings page.
Setup lead qualification, lead routing and nurture campaigns
- Please contact us for setup of lead management related functionality.
- Go to the reporting dashboard to view default reports and create custom reports.
Full service implementation
Full service configuration is available for a fee. If you're interested, please book a demo to learn about your options and get a proposal or contact support for minor requests.