1) Configure your account and user settings
2) Set up subscriptions and internal lists
Subscriptions allow your contacts to set their communication preferences by indicating what type of content they want to receive from you.
Watch this video about segmentation details and importing your contacts:
- Add subscriptions or remove all if you don't have multiple subscription options.
- You will be able to send emails to contacts based on their subscription settings.
- Subscriptions are shown on the Consent and Subscriptions Preferences page. This page is linked from every email you send.
- For internal lists use interests instead of subscriptions. Interests are not public facing and can also be used to segment you list. For example your contacts shouldn't opt-in and out of internal lists such as "staff only" or "completed certification".
Read additional details to help with segmentation of your contact list.
3) Import your list
- Prepare your list as a CSV file. View a sample file.
- Go to the import page where you can upload and import your file.
- Be sure to assign an interest or subscription during the import process so you can segment your contacts later.
- Duplicate records will be automatically merged by email address.
For additional details watch the "How to segment and import your list" video or read detailed article about importing lists.
4) Create, test and send emails
- Choose a pre-built template to start with
- Watch an overview video of the email editor.
5) Create and publish a form
- Watch this short video to learn how to create a signup forms
- Add the form to your website
- Watch a video of all form editing, styling and display options including many examples. (there is also a short version with no audio that covers only the basics)
6) Deliverability and branding
- Set up a custom domain. This is an optional step to help with branding. Once completed, reference to the envoke.com domain will be replaced with your domain on public pages such as the subscription management page.
- Set up DomainKeys authentication. This is also an optional step but highly recommended to ensure emails are not blocked by spam filters.
At this point your basic account setup is done! Let us know if you have any questions about any of the steps above or if you want to learn more about additional or advanced settings.