This page includes a step-by-step checklist to help configure new accounts and walk you through frequently used functionality.
Start with a brief overview of account setup, support and training options:
STEP 1) Configure your account and user settings
STEP 2) Set up subscriptions and internal lists
Subscriptions allow your contacts to set their communication preferences by indicating what type of content they want to receive from you.
Watch this video about segmentation details and importing your contacts:
- Add subscriptions or remove all if you don't have multiple subscription options.
- You will be able to send emails to contacts based on their subscription settings.
- Subscriptions are shown on the Consent and Subscriptions Preferences page. This page is linked from every email you send.
- Internal lists are not public facing and can also be used to segment your list. For example your contacts shouldn't opt-in and out of internal lists such as "staff only" or "completed certification".
Read additional details to help with segmentation of your contact list.
STEP 3) Import your contacts
- Prepare your list as a CSV file. View a sample file.
- Go to the import page where you can upload and import your file.
- Be sure to assign an internal list or subscription during the import process so you can segment your contacts later.
- Duplicate records will be automatically merged by email address.
For additional details watch the "How to segment and import your list" video or read the detailed article about importing lists.
STEP 4) Create, test and send emails
- Choose a pre-built template to start with.
- Watch an overview video of the email editor.
STEP 5) Create and publish a form
- Watch this short video to learn how to create a signup forms
- Add the form to your website
- Watch a video of all form editing, styling and display options.
STEP 6) Deliverability and branding
While both of these steps are optional they are highly recommended to help with branding and inbox delivery.
- Set up a custom domain. Once completed, references to the envoke.com domain will be replaced with your domain on public pages such as the subscription management page.
- Set up DomainKeys authentication to ensure emails are not blocked by spam filters.
At this point your basic account setup is done! Let us know if you have any questions about any of the steps above or if you want to learn more about additional or advanced settings. You can also watch additional videos created for new users.