This page includes a step-by-step checklist to help configure new accounts and walk you through frequently used functionality. New, paid accounts are also eligible for customized, one-on-one and free training.
Start with a brief overview of account setup, support and training options:
Configure your account and user settings
- Review your account settings and fill in any missing details and check defaults.
- Update your user profile and add new users as needed.
Technical setup for deliverability and branding
While both of these steps are optional they are strongly recommended to ensure good email deliverability and help with branding.
- Set up a custom domain. Once completed, references to the envoke.com domain will be replaced with your domain on public pages.
- Set up DomainKeys authentication to ensure emails are not marked as suspicious by string spam filters.
Set up lists
- Subscriptions allow your contacts to update their communication preferences by indicating what type of content they want to receive from you. Add new subscriptions or remove them all if you don't have multiple subscription options.
- You will be able to send emails to contacts based on their subscription settings.
- Subscriptions are shown on the Consent and Subscriptions Preferences page and on forms. The preferences page is linked from every email you send.
- You can also use internal lists to segment your list - internal lists aren't visible to your contacts.
We recommend you read this article about list segmentation.
Review consent settings
You can find more information about consent management in our help documents.
Import your contacts
- Prepare your list as a CSV file. View a sample file.
- Go to the import page where you can upload and import your file.
- Be sure to assign an internal list or subscription during the import process so you can segment your contacts later.
- Duplicate records will be automatically merged by email address.
- Existing unsubscribed contacts remain unsubscribed.
For additional read the this article about importing lists.
Create, test and send emails
Read this article about adding forms to your website
At this point your basic account setup is done!
Let us know if you have any questions about any of the steps above or if you want to learn more about additional or advanced settings.